Free, Confidential Assistance 24/7
When life gets too busy, stressful or challenging, having extra help can make a big difference. Whether you need help finding child care, caring for an aging parent, navigating a divorce, managing debt or tackling any other challenge, the EAP can help. Assistance is free, confidential and available by phone, online or in-person.
Who Can Use It?
All CMC employees and their dependents are eligible.
Call an EAP consultant who can address your specific concern or question. If you need child or elder care, or other family services, they can help you do the research on locations, availability, fees and more. Examples include:
- Parenting classes (expectant and new parent)
- Schools, educational services and special needs programs
- Emergency home care services
- Child care and adult care
- Seniors’ accommodations, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers
- Palliative care
- Caregiver support groups
Professional counseling is available to you and your family through these options:
- In-person sessions (up to 5 per issue per year)
- Video counseling sessions
- Sessions over the phone and over text message
- Online chat on the website
Counselors can help with relationships, grief, anger, depression, addiction, anxiety, bullying, coping with illness and injury, personal growth and more.
Use the free online financial planning service. Or, get free advice from financial experts, who can provide information and options on issues like:
- Credit/debt management
- Income tax planning
- Financial aspects of separation/divorce
- Retirement planning
- Real estate/mortgage information
Plus, access a financial calculator for the following topics: mortgage, credit cards and debt management, loans, retirement savings and auto.
When you have a legal question, you can get an expert consultation that will help provide information and clarification concerning how the law applies to a specific situation. The EAP can assist you with:
- Family law: divorce, custody and child support
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Wills and estate planning
- Consumer protection
- Summons, warrants and subpoenas
Get free access to hundreds of articles on subjects related to:
- Health and well-being
- Financial security
- Career and workplace
- Life events
Contact the EAP
You can reach CMC’s EAP provider, Morneau Shepell, at 1-866-695-6327 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or, visit their website at workhealthlife.com/mlaeap.
You’ll be asked to enter your company’s name. Registration is not required. However, if you would like access to all of the site features, click the Register button at the top of the page and enter your information. Morneau Shepell will keep all of your information confidential.